Saturday, November 29, 2008

Got the Port Inserted and Had 1st Chemo Treatment All in TWO Days!


I got my port inserted on Tuesday, November 18th. Here it is in all its glory....I really am not as sad as I look in the picture....I just didn't think my face was going to be in the picture...
This is where I sat for my 1st treatment....I am wearing a prayer shawl made by my daughter, Traci. I actually thought I would probably get cold, but to my surprise I was hot for most of the treatment. Others seemed to be cold....I don't know if this will be normal or not.
The people around me who were also receiving treatment were very upbeat and friendly. There is even a nice little outdoor patio that we can go to if we have enough battery power on our pumps.
Thank you for your continued prayers and cards. They are working and very uplifting.
When I went home, I had a very designer...black fanny pack I got to tote around for 46 hours. I had it removed on Friday and got to enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving with my family on Saturday.
Please continue to stop in for more updates.....

No comments: